Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Celebrating a Friends Birthday

I have had so much fun with the Dotty For You paper kit!  Here's a card and gift box I made for a friend of mine.



Recognize this card?  Yes- it's from the Dotty For You workshop.  This friend LOVES the sea -- Sea Turtle being the favorite thing.  On this card, I used the Seashell Wooden Shapes.  I was able to give them some dimension by adding a little ink sponged to the edges (Lagoon Ink).   

The Sea Turtle was done by stamping the turtle first in Sweet Leaf Ink, then sponging Lagoon Ink right onto the stamp then I stamped it onto the cardstock.


There are 3 levels of dimension to this card.  The Seashell is attached using glue dots (Liquid Glass would work great too!)   Then I added the Lagoon colored Hibiscus (blue) using a glue dot and the Creme Brulee Hibiscus using 1 layer of 3D foam tape.  The turtle is layered using 2 levels of 3D foam tape stacked on top of each other.


This is a 2" x 2" cube that comes in the Collage Cube set.  I cut the lid off on 3 sides and added cardstock and pattered paper to dress it up.   I also sponged ink on the edges to give it some added color.  The Rhinestone Brad is only partially inserted so that I had room to wrap the hemp to keep it closed.

The lid is adorned with flowers that were all cut from the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I love the look of morning dew on flowers, so one of my favorite things to do is add Liquid Glass to the petals of paper flowers to make them look wet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment