Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bracket Frame

This bracket frame was fun and easy to create.  The paper I used is from the La Belle Vie kit.


This bracket was cut out at 10.75" on my Cricut using the Art Philosophy Cartridge.   The center can be cut out using the Square or you can adhere it to the frame and cut it out with an exacto knife -- either way is quick and easy.   Before applying the paper, I sponged the edges of the frame and the paper using Barn Red Ink.

On this frame I decided to apply the paper using Modge Podge.  Initially, I wasn't sure if I would like it because the paper started to bubble.  I adhered the black sparkle flourish just prior to applying the top coat of Modge Podge.     After applying the top coat, some of the bubbles stayed, however it gave the frame a very vintage look.

I finished the frame off by tying the Black Tulle Ribbon into a bow then stuck it to the frame using liquid glass.  I sat a heavy book on top of the bow until the liquid glass dried.  I then applied the bling button with some black hemp using liquid glass as well.  And finished it off with 2 of the floral pins from the Bling Assortment.

Have you made this frame yet?  If so, I welcome you to share your photos on my Facebook page.

Supply List* :
Z1797 - Bracket Frame  $8.95
X7158B - La Belle Vie Paper Kit - $9.95
Z1745 - Black Sparkle Flourish - $4.95
Z1798 - Black Tulle -  $5.95
Z282 - Black Hemp -  $2.25
Z1466 - Bling Assortment -  $4.95
Z2104 - Barn Red Ink -  $5.25
Z697 - Sponge - $1.25

*You will have extra of everything in this list except the bracket frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment