Thursday, October 10, 2013

Close To My Heart Has Changed My Life......

The story starts back in 2009 ...

I was at a crop where a Close To My Heart rep was set up.  I'll admit, I was being a bit stubborn and pretty much refused to look at what she had to offer.  Two of my closest friends were consultants for CM and SU.  I wanted to be 100% loyal to those brands, so I looked the other way initially.

My mother-in-law did not view the situation the same way I did.  She looked at it as variety....kind of like the way we see things at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and other venues.   That makes sense (....now).   I wasn't an all exclusive to one company kind of paper crafter, so why was I not looking??

A few weeks later, my Mother-In-Law, knowing I was headed on a short road trip with my husband, pushed a catalog into my hand and suggested I check out their paper selection.   I climbed in the car and with nothing else to do, I did just that.  

That's where it all started.  I immediately saw the Bella Paper Kit, then the Moon Doggie Paper Kit.....I was in love!   Before the week had subsided, I had resolved to sign up with Close To My Heart just so I could get a discount on my Paper Kits.   Those who know me well, know this is a huge weak area in my crafting.  I cannot seem to get enough paper.  LOL

Press forward over 4 years.....  In that 4 years, my Mother-In-Law was anxious to make cards and asked me to consider doing a workshop.  So I had to figure out who would be interested.  I invited tons of friends and family, just to see who would be interested.    It started off with a group of about 5 or 6 of us.   I chose to keep on growing it to earn some extra money and help support my hobby.   Little did I know that along the way I was going to bring on new friendships, that I know will last a lifetime, both local & long distance. New opportunities (contributing to fundraisers, holding events to benefit someone in need, creating artwork for auctions and more).   AND to top it off, paid vacations for me and my husband!   My girls also get the opportunity to come along on the vacations for minimal added expense.    

We've been to Hawaii, the Southern Caribbean and in 2014 we are headed to an all inclusive resort in Costa Rica.    

I have also started to build a Team...my team we refer to as TEAM SCRAPSKI.  They are the most wonderful and fun group of ladies.  We hold monthly meetings (that includes a project or technique workshop), quarterly crops and on a daily basis share ideas and tips and encouragement by way of our Facebook page.    The team consists of both Hobbiests and Career consultants.   

I would love to have you share in the fun of TEAM SCRAPSKI.   The new consultant kit is worth triple it's cost....$49 to start...and you get over $150 in products and supplies (mostly product!).    

I have some additional incentives for my team, including a Brighton Bracelet program.  We do regular team contests that are geared towards the hobbiest and the career consultant. 

For OCTOBER ONLY ... Anyone that joins my team will also receive this nice Close To My Heart tote bag for FREE from me.   It's large enough to carry 12x12 supplies too :-)

To sign up, you simply visit my website at www.closetomyheart.com/tonia  and click on opportunities.  From there select BE A CONSULTANT and the rest is easy.   Your kit will be mailed directly to your doorstep.   If you live locally, you can have your kit as soon as today!  Just talk to me first...I have a couple kits already on hand just waiting for my next team members... I will explain how to complete your sign up and deliver your kit right to you (or you can come over and craft with me and pick it up at the same time).

I'm looking forward to growing our team!  I hope you'll join us as well!

TOTE BAG for joining my team

The $49 Start Up Kit....you can't see it all, but
trust me...it's packed full of goodies!




No comments:

Post a Comment